Monday, April 21, 2008

I spent 4 hours yesterday in a fitting room at Kohl's...

...trying on new suits for the wedding here in a week. 4 HOURS! Val and I knew I needed a new suit, since the pants on my other suit had snagged open a huge hole on a hymn book 8 months ago, and the suit is at least 10 years old. It wasn’t going to be cheap nor easy to repair the suit, since it was so old and worn. So, we went to Kohl’s to see if they had any suits that were vegan: no wool, silk or anything like that.

   We got there, and after a tiny bit of searching we found a plethora of suits that fit the bill, made of a polyester and rayon blend, made by Haggar. But, we wanted to make sure that everything fit correctly, so Val shuttled in pants, coats and new, white shirts while I tried on what she brought in. She would also give her opinion of how they looked. There were a LOT of choices, so it took a long time. I was REALLY tired of trying on clothes, and standing for so long.

   By the time it was over I had chosen a grey suit that I liked as soon as I saw it, a black suit that Val thought I should get, and 2 new shirts. I left behind a very pale olive-green/light grey suit, since I didn’t NEED 3 suits. Maybe in the future I’ll piock up a light suit like that...On Friday I’ll go get a few new ties to add to my tiny collection of non-silk ties.

   The best part is that with all of the in-store discounts and coupons we had, all of this came out to ~$281. Normally it would have been more than twice that ($600), but it was this particular store’s grand opening here in Centerville, and the nice manager gave us a 20% discount for using a Kohl’s card, instead of the usual 15%.

   I will post pictures when I get a chance, but I will say that I look smokin’ hot in the grey suit. Really.

0 comments: