Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Keep your eye on the ball, aim for the target...

...keep your focus on the mark.

   I’ll use the middle part of verse 14:”Wherefore, because of their blindness, which blindness came by looking beyond the mark, they must needs fall.”

   It’s easy to lose sight of our goals, isn’t it? It’s very easy, unless our habits are in line with them. How fortunate a person is whose doesn’t have to re-evaluate very often their course or progress towards their goal.

   I have found for myself that I will be going along, quite nicely, along my chosen path, when I am suddenly/not-suddenly-at-all confronted with a choice that is not at all in line with my goals. Then I have to stop and think about where I am at that point in time, and ask a ‘why did that choice come to me right now?’ sort of question. Then, invariably, I realize that my path has been a deviated course from where I thought I had wanted to go. I wanted to be somewhere else, but I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going and what my choices and habits were leading me. It’s like I had finally woken up to where I was and the poor choices that I had made in order to get to that point.

  I suppose the point to all of this is that I need to make better, consistent choices in order to make better habits for myself, so that I don’t need to keep evaluating whether or not what I am choosing to do is the right thing to do.

 

0 comments: