Wednesday, September 10, 2008

   Well, here is an update for all of you blog-readers out there:

   I now work from 5PM until whenever, so I don’t have a lot of time to post anymore. It’s very frustrating to see or read things and have neither the time nor the inclination to write a scathing, rage-filled diatribe. I also don’t want to just post a link to something and say “This sucks and it really makes me mad...” I want to do justice to the topic I choose. It also bites that I can’t post pictures from work. *blah*

   Now, it is time to choose a suitable topic for today...

   Ah yes...

   “It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine...”

   The Large Hadron Collider goes online today. True, it is only starting to send a hyper-accelerated beam of particles in one direction. Soon it will be creating 2 or more streams in opposite directions and then colliding them to study Planck/quantum events and leftovers...

   "I don't know how you can say that. Although I will admit that the possibility of a resonance cascade scenario is extremely unlikely, I remain uncomfortable with the---"
   "Gordon doesn't need to hear this. He's a highly trained professional. We have assured the Administrator that nothing will go wrong."
   ...
  
I think I’ll keep my aluminum T-ball bat close at hand just in case they open up an inter-dimensional portal and the headcrabs (from the game Half-Life, where the above quote is from. That quote makes me smile, because I know what happened after...) or the legions of Hell (Doom) come spewing forth. Maybe right now would be a good time to stock up on semi-auto rifles and powerful handguns...Food and water also...

0 comments: