Friday, April 27, 2007

Honesty pays...

...except when you are dishonset about your schooling. Then getting canned from the Admissions Dept of MIT is the only reasonable thing to do. Isn't it?

On to a different topic: I gave blood for the first time last night. The stake was having a blood drive, and Val was gonna go at 3PM. But she didn't make it at 3, so we both went at 7. Originally I was going to support her, since she was apprehensive. This was gonna be her first blood-giving also. But I decided before we left the house that I would do it anyway. Long story short: Val wasn't able to donate due to her iron level not being high enough. I was able to do it, and didn't have any problems until it was all done and I got a look at the FREAKIN' HUGE NEEDLE STUCK IN MY ARM!!!!!11111

...seeing that made we a tiny bit woozy, but I made it. It was a rather out-of-body experience to see the red stuff coming out of me, through a tube, and being collected in a bag underneath me, and knowing that my bodily supply was diminishing. I didn't have a problem with the needle stick, except that I couldn't look as she was doing it. The stick didn't hurt at all. I don't even think I'm gonna bruise. The irony of it is that I have great veins, but I hate needles.

Both of us were very brave, together...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, blood letting, one of my favorite past times!!Ha-ha~ You two are both brave, I HATE needles, and i too have been told I have great veins. Ewwwwww!! On another note, what will Val do about getting more Iron? Love you guys, have a great weekend!
~Leah

Daishi said...

She was only 1 point off, so we're not gonna do anything different.

Vegan Valerie said...

Jordan, I am so pleased with you for giving blood to the Red Cross. You did an awesome job!