Monday, April 30, 2007

Freakin' Monday's....

I feel old, tired, sore, grumpy and.....just 'blah'.

I watched Marcy's 4 boys all day Saturday, with an assist from the mom-in-law. A few observations from that experience: first, I remember why I don't play Legos much anymore. I'm too big and heavy to support myself, looking through a HUGE pile of Legos(thousands, at least), for any extended period of time(more than 5 minutes) on anything other than my feet. Propping myself up with my arms just doesn't cut it. Second, the easy way/cop-out way to watch kids is to put in a movie or let them play video-games to their hearts content. I didn't cop-out very much. I actually tried to get them to do things with me. Third, I'm glad the pool was opened at our house, even if it was at 72. Cold, but fun.

So, now I have had hardly any weekend, and I'm back at work. I'm tired. I feel like I've run a 5K and then didn't stretch when I got done.

P.S. I'm really steamed that my blood pressure hasn't gone down, even with all of my exercising. When they checked on Thursday I was at 154/92. Makes me wonder what the point is in even exercising, even if I know better. If I had angry emoticons, they'd be all over in this post.

Grrrrr. >:(

2 comments:

Vegan Valerie said...

Jordan, I love you! I am sorry your weekend was absorbed by babysiting and laundry duties. I am sorry your blood pressure hasn't decreased. I am sorry that Monday was difficult. And I am so sorry that I contributed to your frustration. Please forgive?! I love, love, love you, darling...

Daishi said...

Of course, my goo. It'll be OK...