Monday, July 09, 2007

A few changes for your visual input...

Well, a couple of changes here today.

I added a counter at the bottom of the blog to keep track of how many hits this little blog gets.

I renamed the blog into something a bit more .... interesting. Have I metioned just how much I like tofu? No? Well, tomato basil baked tofu and/or savory baked tofu are SO EXCELLENT with noodles and tomato sauce. The savory tofu has the same consistency as chicken, so it goes great with pasta, or on top of rice with soy cheese, sweet-n-sour sauce and lettuce. MMMMMMmmm. Yummy.

Mom and dad's anniversary is today. They have been married 30 years I think. Dad's birthday is tomorrow. Rock on!

I think they both have completed their move to WA, even if they haven't started/finished unpacking yet.

Sorry for being silent last week. I took Thursday and Friday off last week, along with the free day on the 4th. 5-day weekends for the win!

By the way, the 4th was lots of fun. Went and played volleyball in 100+ degree heat, sweated a lot, swam for 2 hours, stuffed myself silly, and went and watched fireworks at Lagoon. And I did all of this in the knowledge that I didn't need to be back to work until today.

Evil? Absolutely Fun? Definitely.

The best part is that I didn't even get sunburned. SPF 30+ FtW!(for the win)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like tofu I'd recommend giving Miso soup a try. It's very tasty.

Anonymous said...

Incidentally, homemade basil pesto on noodles is also excellent. To keep it vegan-friendly, just leave out the Parmesan.

Daishi said...

We have miso in the fridge, and have used it in soup and in mashroom gravy. MMMMMMmmmmm, the yumminess!

Also, we take a can of organic crushed tomatoes, grapeseed oil, 1/2 an onion, 3 or 4 tbs of oregano, basil and marjoram, toss it in the blender, and hit frappe.
More yumminess.