Wednesday, March 04, 2009

On trust and faith...

Wednesday 4Mar09 – Helaman12.6 – ‘Behold, they do not desire that  the Lord their God, who hath created them, should rule and reign over them; notwithstanding his great goodness and mercy towards them, they do set at naught his counsels, and they will not that he should be their guide.’ OK, I am just as guilty of this as anyone else, but this has to be the definition of either insanity or stupidity, or both. A fundamental desire of humanity is to know what is to come, even if it is 2 minutes into the future. Another fundamental drive is knowledge. If anyone is capable of knowing what is to come, or has knowledge to impart, it is God the Father and His Son. Why would a person not trust the Lord to guide them? Sure, maybe doing the right thing isn’t always the easiest thing to do, and trusting can sometimes be difficult, but if I can have trust in any person, wouldn’t trusting the Lord be the best person? He can’t fail! He always does what He says He will do. He always cares for His children, and wants to guide and help them. All we/I have to do is trust Him, and do what He asks. Under the circumstances, why would I rely upon my own strength when I can’t even know if I’m going to make it home from work OK? I have no prescience, no foreknowledge, and I am constantly learning that I have an abysmal lack of knowledge that my humility compels me to admit to.

 

0 comments: