Thursday, May 11, 2006

Oh, my...

I direct all of my loyal readers, (all 3 of you), to my wife's extensive blog post on choosing to live a vegan lifestyle, entitled "A Bold, New Journey".

I will take this opportunity to say that I am joining her in this lifestyle change. It seems like the right thing to do, for myself.

I will also say that it is sometimes difficult. Just the other night, she and I were walking and passed a BBQ that was going on. I love burgers, especially when they are Q'ed. I was almost drawn irresitibly towards the scent, and as a result I almost stopped walking. I admit to having almost 28 years of conditioning and habits to break.

So, it'll be difficult and challenging. But what in this life is worth doing that isn't?

Fianlly, I will say that this is a considered action, well-thought out, on my part. I am doing this because it makes sense to me, not out of coercion or anything else.

Besides, everyone who knows me knows that I'm a softie. It just hurts to think of those poor, mistreated animals.

Take it one step at a time... Outta sight, outta mind.

2 comments:

Vegan Valerie said...

Thank you, goo.

But what is the "outta sight, outta mind" comment about?
Could you please give me some further clarification...

(Mmmmmmmmwaa!)

Anonymous said...

In light of your decision, you might find this interesting.