Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Alma52 – I think that if I had had possession of a Nephite city or 6, I wouldn’t have chased after Teancum’s decoy army. No, I think I’d’ve stayed there and waited for reinforcements.

   Mosiah 3.19 – ‘For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the Atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child: submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord sees fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.’ How old does this ‘child’ need to be? Anyone over 2 isn’t likely to ‘yield’ very well, or submit. Man, that seems really hard- dropping back to a point that I can’t even remember. Not able to take care of myself, total trust because I haven’t learned not to. Spiritually, I am finally realizing that I am unable to take care of myself, and to keep myself out of temptation’s path. But to reach this point of 100% reliance upon God and His Christ...my spirit almost seems to quail from the thought and effort it will take. On the other hand, how nice it would be to know that whatever happened, the Lord would be on my side, and I would trust, whole-heartedly, that whatever happened would be the best for me. I wouldn’t have to be perfect, but I would have to try, every day, to put off the ‘natural man’, the self-sufficient, reliable man.

   And that list! I’m not even close to it. I try to be humble, and not think that I am any better than anyone else, and that I don’t need Help to get through anything. Meekness (enduring injury with patience and without resentment) I have problems with. I am sensitive, and thus easily offended. Boo to me. I’m not too patient. I suppose I am not spoiled and demand instant gratification, but I’m not real patient yet. Full of love, to me, also means charity. I don’t think I’m too charitable either. Submissive/willing to submit – nope, not that either. I’m getting better about seeking spiritual strength and Help, but I don’t submit well.

   Once again, I am a good person, with weaknesses to work on.

   Good thing about me for the day: Culinarily speaking, I am not afraid to try new things.

 

0 comments: