Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday 19Feb09 – Alma60 – Man, that chapter seems to go on forever: Moroni chastising Pahoran endlessly. A huge rant, all of it heart-felt and deserved. Fotunately for Pahoran, he was still a good guy and Moroni came and helped him.

   I told Dad tonight that I was grateful for his self-control in not killing his children when he was mad with us. I am grateful for his patience because it could have been so easy for him. It’s scary to realize that I have the ability to seriously injure or kill someone I love because I get out of control.

   Trust, faith and total humility are synonymous....I hadn’t thought of them that way, but it’s true. Trust -assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something. Faith -belief and trust in and loyalty to God. Humility -not proud or haughty : not arrogant or assertive. Reliance is based on faith and humility, because how can I trust someone I don’t have faith in? And if I am not humble, I ‘don’t think I need anyone at all’. ßPink Floyd reference. I suppose my problem is that I don’t keep a remembrance of the ability of God to deliver me. Or better said, I remember when I am in trouble. I’d be better served in always remembering His desire to help me, rather than only relying on Him when I need help. It’s one thing to be in constant contact and communion with Him, and another only to call out in my extremity. I’d rather try and do the fist one, that way I increase my protection/faith.

  

 

0 comments: