Monday, December 04, 2006

Hardware upgrade...

So, I traded in my old PS2, which I got about 6 months after the launch in either 2000 or 2001. I got $15 for it, which I used to buy a new PS2. I'm pleased with the new one. It's about 1/3 the size of the old one, makes lots less noise, has an integrated IR remote reciever, and is lots faster than the old one. The only drawback is that it is a top-loader, instead of a front-, like the old one. And the reason I only got $15 for it is because it was an old model that didn't play blue PS2 discs, so it needed to be sent back to be refurbished. I wasn't too happy to lose the $45 that I had hoped would go towards my re-upping, but I'll live through it.

So, that burns through the rest of my Christmas money for this year. And I'm OK with that. I picked up the stuff that I wanted, and Val has the things she wants. So, we should be good to go.

0 comments: