Monday, October 10, 2005

2.20 pm musings

well, here goes the 2nd try. i hope everybody doesn't mind that i don't capitalize when i type. i do when i write, but not typing.
i like playing games. console games, computer games, card games, etc. i don't like word searches, but i like crossword puzzles. one idea of a good evening for me is getting together with my bros.-in-law, hooking up the LAN( !gasp! capitalized) and playing mechwarrior4 or the new counterstrike. currently, i'm getting back into mechwarrior 3, which i haven't played for 2.5 years. but, i begin to wonder.... is it unhealthy to want to play these games, which so often i play by myself, rather than spend that time doing something more constructive? now, i really enjoy playing games, and some people would say that sitting by myself, playing a 1 player game, isn't constructive, but i think it is. i find it's a good way to relax, but i think i might be crossing a line some times, because i sometimes get irritated when i don't get to play. but i do things to help my wife, help with dinner, exercise, etc. before i play. maybe the mantra "all things in moderation" or"a time and place for all things" are applicable here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone who doesn't play computer games anymore it's difficult for me to answer any of your questions. Instead, I'll reminisce a little. Do you recall the time, years ago when we were still in high school, when you spent the night at my house, and we were up late playing MechWarrior, and I fell asleep while you were playing, and when I woke up in the morning you were still sitting at the computer, playing away?

Daishi said...

ah, good times! :) i don't think i could do that again, but i have stayed up til 1 am playing counterstrike with the bros.-in-law. man, it sucks the next day, though!

Anonymous said...

Like a hangover, if I knew what that felt like. =)