Monday, October 17, 2005

Monday morning....



Good day, blogging citizens! First thing, I'll be gone from work the rest of this week, due to vacation constraints. I'll probably be spending my time trying to recover my vocal capabilities that the sickness has robbed me of.
Val and I were reading in Alma last night about Korihor. Every time I read that chapter, I am reminded of what Alma says to Korihor in Alma 30:44 : The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.
I couldn't help but be reminded of what Ben posted on Oct 15, 2005 about his discussion/mutilation with his co-workers on the nature of ethics and morality, and the bases thereof. (Mutilation of their arguments. I've been on the recieving end of those kind of "discussions" with Mr. Raty before. :D ) Atheists will deny the existence of God, even though, like Alma told Korihor, all things prove that there is a God. The non-believers have no proof, just their word and opinion.

I also thought that this picture was really cool.


I also was feeling a bit melancholy last night, discussing high school with my wife. Probably like most people, I wish I could go back and do things differently. I wonder how my life would be different now if i had asked people out who I had crushes on, or if I had attended choir like I had wanted to, or if I had played basketball while I was in junior high and continued in high school. I wanted to do all those things, but I was too chicken to do them. I never realized, at that time, that by asking out those people, and if they had said "no", then it wasn't that they didn't want to be my friend or associate with me, just that they didn't want to pursue any sort of romantic relationship. I'm kinda haunted by what might have been. I want to make clear that I love my wife, and I am happy with my life with her. I just wonder how my life would be different if I had chosen otherwise.
Kinda deep for a Monday morning. Sorry, I'll let you get on with your day... Rock, rock on!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your musings on the topic of asking people out, I couldn't help but think of what Jim Gaffigan had to say on the subject. According to him, when a woman turns you down, what they're really saying is "You know what, I don't even feel like eating a free meal around you."