Friday, October 28, 2005

None shall pass!

Well, it sounds like my friend Ben had a bad day yesterday, for which I feel bad for him. It seems like my "bad " days aren't as catastrophic as his. "Bad" for me is just stressful, so I won't feel bad for myself anymore.

It's been raining here since last night, and being a bit slow (mentally), I wore my leather jacket to work. Upon distancing myself about 15 miles from home, I realized that water and leather rarely, if ever, mix well. So, I left my coat in the car and walked in to work. Sometimes, my intelligence level astounds me. Duh!

A pre-lunch epiphany: It's real easy to eat unhealthily in the US. Greasy burgers, fries, tacos, onion rings, burritos, pizza, etc. These things harden the arteries, clog the heart, make us fat, and generally don't help us at all. But the really depressing part about these things...I can't afford to go get any of it! It's a bit depressing to know that all of that unhealthy food is out there, and I can't get my hands on any of it.

Don't get me wrong. Eating heathier is great. Val has found quite a few very good recipies for heart-healthy eating, all of which we have tried I have liked. However, I still like the taste of a nice juicy burger, some excellent fries, and fry sauce occasionally. Being poor isn't conducive to eating out, is it?

Well, enough depth for me today. I'm out for the rest of the day, unless something interesting happens. Have a great weekend, citizens!

2 comments:

Vegan Valerie said...

Jordan, I love you. I know that you like greasy burgers and all those yummy fast-food selections. I like to eat-out too. Thank you for trying new menus with me. I am glad that you enjoy them. You know, I wouldn't even think to fix a recipe that didn't appear outright delicious! One last commment: I don't feel that we are poor. We just have some things to learn concerning the handling of money. More accurately, I feel that the Lord blesses us greatly. We never truly want for anything. Much love, Goo...

Daishi said...

Once again, my wife is correct. Thank you, sweet one.