Monday, October 24, 2005

On the Road Again...



Good day, fellow citizens! I'm back at work. I'm still a bit ambivalent about being back, but I'm trying to have a good attitude about it.

The picture on this post is the city of Seoul, South Korea. I got it from here. The reason I put it up there is because Thursday 20 Oct was Valerie's birthday. She wanted to go to one of the parks up towards the mountains to look at the changing leaves, have a campfire, roast marshmallows/hot dogs, etc. and have a good time. We got up there and the park was closed. We were puzzled as to why it was closed, since it was open last year at this time. We decided, on the drive home, that we would make a fire at home and cook hot dogs and such, since we couldn't make a fire where we had first wanted to. My mother-in-law has one of those playground type toys off to the side of her house, along with a sandbox. So, I made a small fire in the sandpit, and we got the smoke-in-clothes smell. We had a lot of fun, and Val was happy with how things turned out. And that's what really matters!

Now, the picture of Seoul. I saw that picture today, and I wondered if that's a little bit of how we looked Thursday night. All the lights off, and the only light around was a small fire.

I don't have any profound thoughts for right now, and I hope that everyone's Monday has been good. I'm out...

0 comments: