Wednesday, September 13, 2006

...and the fear still shakes me...

I must admit something a bit shameful to you all this morning. And it is painful...

I...............had pancakes this morning! Before my fruit was all digested!

Oh! The pain and anguish of spirit!

I must tell you that everything I ate was vegan. I just couldn't help myself. Someone at work made them this morning, and I was the last one to go at it.

They sure were yummy!

I feel sorry for my peaches. They had to share my tummy with 12 pancakes.

P.S. I saw a whippet yesterday morning on my way to work. It wasn't broken-brindled like Hugo, but it sure was like him. Same head movements and the prance. I was sad...

1 comments:

Daishi said...

So, I just read the pancake blog(12 pancakes?!!) and at the bottom you mentioned seeing a Whippett. Two weekends ago, I went to Sausalito(across the golden gate from SanFran) with my girl Annette,for an art festival, and afterwords we drove to a place called Stinson Beach, which Mom later told me thats where Dad proposed to her....anyway, right as we stepped off the path and onto the sand, there was a couple calling a dog and they were jingling the leash and calling and calling and out from behind the BIG rocks comes this broken brindle, just tearing down the beach and I just busted up laughing and clapping my hands and I started talking to these folks about what wonderful, nice sweet dogs these are and how I miss my Hugo. They said how nice it was to talk to someone who knows something about the breed, majority of what they hear from people is just how skinny their dog is. So this Dog comes prancin over and Annette was flabbergasted"That dog isn't even winded!". I love it! I AM happy to report that I co habitate with a Bouncing Brindle Boxer who is also very fast and is soooo good at prancing! I've taken to calling her Prancer when she does it cause she just looks so proud. I've had alot of people stop us on our walks and ask if shes a show dog because of the way she prances down the sidewalk. We went to the vet on Tuesday and she has a clean bill of health and has quadrupled in weight(and size) since her first visit. Shes 45lbs, and on our first visit she was 11lbs! Shes come a long way and I LOVE that little Penny Lane. - Leah(from an email)