Friday, May 11, 2007

It's a good day so far...

I was driving in to work this morning: all the windows and sunroof open, GnR rockin', sun out, nice temperature. I just thought of how nice it was to be alive at that moment; my wife loves me, I'm gettin' in shape, I have fun things to do, I work at a job that I don't hate/despise/loathe, etc.

It was just nice.

Now, as I'm sure you'll all want to know, I lost all 3 of my racquetball games last night. But, it wasn't heinous: 16-14, 15-9, 15-11. Not too bad for someone who hadn't played for 6 or 7 years.

Then I went and pitched for our ward softball team....I'm not a very good pitcher, but after 5 innings I was figuring it out. We won 12-9, despite my best efforts in the last inning to walk just about everyone on the other team. I'll do better next week. It was still fun.

And yes, I'm sore, but it's a good sore.

P.S. SafetyPoints are things that my work does for us being safe. Every month, depending on if we take CPR refresher courses, fire safety, emergency response training, forklift safety, etc. we get more safety points. I take forklift training and basically stay out of the way. For this I get ~15 points a month. I'm useless in any sort of medical emergency. If a person sliced off their finger, I'd prolly freak out also. Fires- no freak out, but blood and such- FREAK OUT!!!!111 I remember one time when we had a merit-badge Pow Wow in IF, and we were doing 'Emergency Preparedness', and we went into the bathroom. Dad was laying there on the floor with fake burns on him, and fake blood. I remember having that sinking tummy feeling as I got anxious. I remember that feeling so well that I know I couldn't do first-aid on anyone who was in bad shape. I'd panic and prolly mess them up more.

...so, the SafetyPoints are redeemable for lots of cool things. We needed a digital camera, so that's what I got.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It definitely was a beautiful drive into work this morning. This week has been particularly nice, hasn't it?

When was the last time we played racquetball? Sounds like you gave him a challenge. Congrats on the softball game.