Friday, April 28, 2006

Pulled in 30 directions at once...

Good day. I'm not gonna apologize for my disgusting lack of communication over the last 2 weeks.

Work has sucked. We found out today that we are getting a new manager here in our department. He's from Oklahoma, and that he has a lot of AS400 experience. That's all we know.

I have hated these past 2 weeks; being strung along, and not being given any info on what is going on. I think the choice would have been obvious as to whom the position should have gone to, but the VPDCM(vice-pres distribution center manager) apparently thought differently.

I wish John had gotten the position. Life would be easier, and I would have been able to move up a bit in position. I also figure that John and I have been doing this for the last 3 weeks, and that making John manager would have been a no-brainer. We're already doing the job, so, 'what the crap?'

Is it just me, or is it asinine to have to train your own manager? So much for intelligent business decisions...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AS400s, eh? Who's the manufacturer? I built, aligned, and tested AS400 terminals when I worked for I-O Corporation in Salt Lake City from 1995-1996.

Sorry you didn't get the promotion. I've been in a similar situation, and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Vegan Valerie said...

I know that work has been hard for you, my sweet.
You are such a goo, and I love you very much.
Hang in there...