Tuesday, August 01, 2006

$ 4.95, or somewhere close...

This morning I input our account info into the Sony music service, intending to download a little Green Day, perhaps a little Metallica. Then I wondered if I would have control over those songs (i.e. being able to drop them on to a disc as MP3's), or if it would only be able to be played by my computer with SonyConnect. So, until I figure that out, I won't be doing any downloading.

Cuz' it's stupid to pay for music that you don't get to keep.

If that's the case, I'll just go to a P2P network and get it from someone else.

After all, this is a matter of conscience...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can burn them to CD. I've done it myself - I bought an album, burned it to CD, and ripped copies to a different computer (my laptop). It all worked fine.

Daishi said...

That's what I figured out this morning. So, that's what I'll do. It just seems a bit convoluted: download, create music cd, rip back to computer to convert to a different format, then drop to mobile device. Oh well, at least I have the songs...