Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Who says they are all slack-jawed troglydites...?

Your link for the day.

Brian May is the guitarist for Queen, but he was doing his PhD in astronomy before Queen bacme popular.

This shows me that not all rockers are unintelligent. I thought that most of them were relatively uneducated and unsophisticated. I am glad to see that I am wrong.

Of course, I realize that I have a miniscule amount of musical genius, and that I can't play burning guitar riffs like Slash, write excellent lyrics like Roger Waters, or sing as well as David Gilmour. To be able to do those things requires a more extensive musical education than I have.

So, I suppose I have bought in to the stereotype that 'rockers' are merely sex-crazed, coke-driven, drooling slobs.

I know that there are still those sort of people in rock, but not the overwhelming majority that I had envisioned.

I was wrong.

3 comments:

Daishi said...

Leah says: Unfortunately, these days, the sex-crazed, coke-driven, drooling slobs are your JoeBlow average Citizens! AHHHHH!!!

Daishi said...

I can't help but agree.

It had never occurred to me that these axe-drivers had more education than a lot of other people, or that it was in something so esoteric as space dust.

A classic case of judging a book by its cover.

To quote Jacques in 'Finding Nemo': "I am ashamed..."

Daishi said...

Leah said: KEEP ON SWIMMING, KEEP ON SWIMMING!!