Thursday, January 22, 2009

Friday 22Jan09 – Alma43 – This is the chapter where the Lamanites and Zerahemna come against the Nephites, and Captain Moroni ends up surrounding them. I find it interesting that Moroni, even though he was a captain of war, was also a man of God; he would grant the Lamanites a chance to surrender, even though the Lamanites, in a similar situation, wouldn’t have hesitated to wipe out the Nephite army if they had had them surrounded.

   ‘Salvation’ means to save or preserve something precious. One of the ways I feel that God and Jesus show me that I am precious is that I have a wife who came in to my life, who chose me, and who accepts the good-yet-quirky parts of me. She takes me as I am, and only asks that I treat her correctly in return. I know that she is not perfect, as none of us are, but she is more sweet than I deserve. I love her dearly. That They would send someone as precious as she to help me is, quite frankly, astounding.

 

0 comments: