Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sun 18Jan09 – Learned a couple of interesting things at church today. First, that the sealing power that Elijah restored is the most important power that was restored, even more so than the greater Priesthood. Without that power, even with the authority, the ordinances couldn’t be sealed/bound to a person, thus nothing could be done to save the children of God. Second, that a living Christ, who we worship, is more greatly involved in the lives of His Saints than a dead Christ would be. It stands to reason that a living Person is easier to interact/interface with than Someone who is dead, and that He would guide and direct His church. Revelation can only come, I suppose, from a living, current source, and not from any other deceased outlet. This is why we worship a living God, and a living Christ.

   Alma 42.24-25 ‘For behold, justice exerciseth all his demands, and also mercy claimeth all which is her own; and thus, none but the truly penitent are saved. What, do ye suppose that mercy can rob justice? I say unto you, Nay; not one whit. If so, God would cease to be God.’ I find it interesting that justice is manly, but mercy is feminine. How seemingly appropriate. Also, only the truly penitent (repentant and humble) are saved by mercy. Only the ones who make use of the proffered Atonement and remain humble and teachable will be saved. All others will be judged according to the justice of the law.  Ultimately, someone has to answer the price of the broken law. If a person doesn’t repent, does so partially, or grudgingly, then they must bear the full weight of the punishment. However, if they will fully repent, then Christ’s sacrifice protects them, since He has suffered for all sin so that we wouldn’t have to.

   2Ne33.6 - Only Christ has the power to deliver us from Hell, either the place or our own personal Hades. I think that this needs no further elaboration from me, as it is perfectly self-evident that my own personal power has proved insufficient to deliver myself at all. I need all the Help I can get.

   Also, even at age 31, I still don’t like it when people don’t like me. Even when the person is 14 years old.

 

0 comments: