Monday, January 12, 2009

 

Mon 12Jan09 – Alma 38.5 ‘And now my son, I would that ye should remember that as much as you shall put trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day.’ I know that this is a true scripture; every time I have prayed for help in pushing temptations out of my mind, they go away. Every time. ‘verse 14 – Do not say: O God, I thank Thee that I am better than my bretheren; but rather say : O Lord, forgive my unworthiness, and remember my bretheren in mercy- yea acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times.’ Another true scripture. Are we not all dependent upon the Lord for all that we are and have? Am I any better, any less of a sinner, than someone else I may know? Don’t my sins keep me as far from the Heavenly Presence as theirs do? And while I know God loves all of His children, He is definitely pleased with the behavior of some more than others’. I don’t have to wallow in my unworthiness, nor be saddened by it. However, I must always be aware that I need to choose correct things, always seeking for Christ’s will, and that I will always be, as long as I am mortal (and probably a long time after that!), imperfect, and a sinner. Realizing that, I further realize my dependence upon His Atonement, His forgiveness and His mercy. Those 3 things are the only way I’m going to be able to become who He wants me to be.

 

0 comments: