Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tues 13Jan09 – Helaman 3.27 – ‘And thus we see that the Lord is merciful unto all who will, in the sincerity of their hearts, call upon His holy name.’ I realize, even now, that my prayers are all too often not filled with the sincerity that God wants them to be. I tend to be too hurried/tired/want to go to sleep/forgetful/impatient/etc. to say my prayers as though I were always desperate for His help. Oh sure, when the fecal material hits the oscillating air-blower I’m ready to pray, ready to do anything in order to make it better. But then, after things die down and stabilize, I tend to go back to my own ways. It seems as though the only way I remember to pray is if the Holy Spirit reminds me to do so. I’ve gotten in to the habit of reading scriptures here at work, and working in the workbook, but prayer seems to be the thing I have the most trouble doing. Ironically, it should be the easiest, because it is the most necessary. If I could remember to pray, and then do so with the consistent, fervent zeal and sincerity of a drowning man who is tossed a life-ring, then I would be getting somewhere. Right now, I think the most I can do is to remember to pray, and try to make it a whole-hearted and –minded thing, rather than something that is rushed.

 

0 comments: