Monday, November 21, 2005

What a weekend...

Hello, fellow-citizens. I hope all of your separate/collective weekends were fun/productive/relaxing/ etc. Mine was kind of sucky.

Val has been feeling unwell since Friday. Saturday we did all the stuff that we needed to by 2 pm, which included exercising, food shopping, going to see her dad, going to the library to get books and movies, and going to the bank to deposit $. Not too bad for a Saturday. After exercising though, Val started to feel worse. We went to a pre-Thanksgiving party at her dad's that night, and we got back at about midnight. By the time church time rolled around at 10 am Sunday morning, she wasn't good at all. She decided to come to Sacrament, but skip nursery, so that the kids didn't get what she has. She was really upset about not coming to nursery, but I think she made the right decision. She didn't sleep well at all last night, and is probably feeling miserable right now. I feel bad for her, but I feel worse in that I can't do anything to help her feel better.

My point in stating all of this is that I think I am now becoming sick from her. That's never fun, is it? I love her dearly, and I don't mind taking care of her when she needs me, but it hurts to see her so frustrated, sad and exhausted. I also think that I'll be at her point of sickness come Thursday. So, Happy Thanksgiving to me. Oh well, I suppose I should be grateful that I have a body that can get sick, and that I am a relatively healthy individual. Such are the challenges of mortality.

1 comments:

Vegan Valerie said...

Jordan, I am very sorry for contributing to your recent illness. Not feeling well just isn't any fun.
But I wanted to tell you I love you and that I sincerely appreciate all the love you showered on me while I was so sick.
Thank you, my Goo...