Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Scotty, I need more power!

Yes, I'm still a geek/nerd. Val says that there is a difference, but I don't know what the distinction is. Does anyone know the difference?

I thought this was cool.

Eventually I plan to move onto the computing super-highway. Right now, I'm content to be in the slow lane.

And yes, I plan on upgrading my technology eventually. Right now I have a P4 1.5 GHz with about 750 MB of RAM running XP, with a 40 GB and a 60GB hard drive. It's enough to play the things I want to. Sometimes maybe not as smoothly as I'd like, but it is sufficient.

I'd like to have 3 100GB hard drives RAIDed, an overclocked 256 MB video card, a P4 4.5 GHz processor w/ 2GB RAM, a DVD burner, wireless keyboard/mouse, and a expansive flat sreen monitor. Preferably, the monitor would be a large HDTV or something comparable.

Well, it's nice to dream. Val says I shouldn't compromise what I want, but to buy this is not realistic. We're talking over $5k.

Everybody has to be able to compromise.

0 comments: